7th South Australia Space Forum
The South Australian Space Industry Centre hosted the 7th South Australia Space Forum on Thursday 9 May 2019 at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
Supported by the Australian Space Agency, the biannual forum provided the perfect opportunity to stimulate ideas, share information about emerging technologies and discuss industry trends.
The South Australia Space Forum facilitated collaboration among nearly 600 stakeholders in the Australian space sector, while encouraging growth and innovation within the space economy.
The event aimed to stimulate the Australian space ecosystem by:
- Encouraging the exchange of information and promoting the latest industry developments
- Showcasing South Australian capabilities to local and international investors
- Assisting research organisations to identify industry needs and future areas of demand, particularly within STEM pathways
- Promoting commercial application of new research and technologies.
View the program here
Presentations from the event are available below:
National and International Space Trends
- Anthony Murfett, Deputy Head, Australian Space Agency
- Dr. Kimberley Clayfield, Director, Space Technology Future Science Platform, CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
- Simon Elisha, Head of Solution Architecture, A/NZ Public Sector, Amazon Web Services
SmartSat CRC - Building Australia's Space Industry
- Prof. Andy Koronios, Dean: Industry & Enterprise, University of South Australia
- A/Prof. Gottfried Lechner, Director, Institute for Telecommunications Research, University of South Australia
- Prof. Andrew Robson, Director, UNE 'Applied Agricultural Remote Sensing Centre' | Team Leader, Precision Agriculture Research Group
- Peter Nikoloff, Director/Senior Weapons System Engineer, Nova Group
- Peter Kerr, Scientific Advisor to Chief Joint Operations, Defence Science and Technology
New Opportunities in Space
- Prof. Matthew Gilliham, Deputy Head- Research, School of Agriculture, Food and Wine, The University of Adelaide
- Andrea Boyd, Flight Operations Engineer, European Astronaut Centre, Cologne, Germany
- Dr. James Waldie, Chief Engineer, Human Aerospace
- Prof. Ping Koy Lam, CQC2T Node Director, The Department of Quantum Science, Australian National Univeristy
If you want to view a presentation that is not available online, please contact us at email@example.com